Saturday, April 21, 2007

Gardening the Second Box

Today we turned under the cover crop on our second garden box. I picked all of the plants - they included grasses, barley, and clover mostly. Then we piled it in the trash can since we don't have a wheel barrow. Mark then dug some holes and we filed it with the plants and covered it up.



We put down the soaker hose. I remembered from last year that it is a real pain to put down the hose once the plants are all growing. We turned on the water and made sure it had good coverage. Then I planted some peas and beans. I got real pea seeds from the store this time instead of planting ones straight from the pod.
We worked around the Kale and the strawberries. The soil looks nice after it is worked.

We found lots of interesting stuff while digging. Here is some kind of Larvae.
There were lots of worms in the dirt. I think worms are good for the soil - if so we are in good shape. :)